Pages

It Just Takes Time

So far today I haven't been very happy. And there is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be. I live a blessed life and I spend every moment of every day with one of my best friends teaching people about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

But apparently I'm not very good at taking my own advice. And I'm being a grumposaurus.

While I was doing my personal study this morning I found a scripture that I thought would be excellent to share in lessons. Now I'm thinking that I needed it more for myself.

"But, behold, the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever."
                                   -2 Nephi 9:18

I feel kind of like a hypocrite for writing blog posts that are all about the happiness I find in missionary work and then saying that I'm not really kickin' today. But I am being honest. And I do love the work. So much. My testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ has grown more in the past 4 months than at any time in my life.
And this is not a lasting feeling. It is a case of "wrongsideofthebeditis". I will take 2 doses of scripture study and teach lessons all day and call the Lord regularly.

1 sweet messages:

Lizzy said...

don't be sad! You are great, and GOd loves you. I haven't looked at your blog for a while but i just caught up. Guess what That tree on your blog a few posts down is a tree I visited in South Carolina :) I acutally did a post about it in 2009. hehe. http://elizabethcosper.blogspot.com/2009/09/angel-tree.html

love ya sister friend. chin up!