Pages

All About The Heart

We humans are pretty obsessed with love. We read about it, we sing about it, we watch movies about it, talk about how wonderful life is with it, curse it when it goes wrong, and float in the clouds when we've found it. Don't deny it. Every person feels this way.

Confession time, I've been boy crazy since I was 4. Sister Tauoa was laughing about my stories the other day of every boy from pre-school to 12th grade that I thought I was madly head over heels in love with. Each time I met one I thought I was done for. I knew that my beating aorta couldn't ever be slowed down because I had found the one my dreams were made of! Wellllllllll....I was wrong. Every time. Ha ha! But what I've learned is how there is something of our soul that craves that big L word.

There are so many kinds of love and really only one that fully satisfies all of our needs. And no, it isn't the love of watermelon. Although that comes mighty close.


It is the love of our Savior Jesus Christ! I recently read 3 Nephi 12, which is really similar to Matthew 5, the beatitudes. We have in there a whole long list of attributes that Jesus exemplified when during His ministry (in Jerusalem and in the Americas). And what do they all come back to? Amor. Love. I just kept coming back to that word in my mind while I read this verse:

"And behold, I have given you the law and the commandments of my Father, that ye shall believe in me, and that ye shall repent of your sins, and come unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Behold, ye have the commandments before you, and the law is fulfilled." (3 Nephi 12:19)

The reason I keep God's commandments is because it's how I can show Him how much I love Him! All I have to give is my will and my heart. I can promise that as we all give our hearts to God that we'll find a satisfaction that can come from nothing else. The glittery hearts and butterflies in the stomach are great, and I expect to have many more of them in the future, but none of those are worth the happiness in my heart that comes from Christ.

"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

1 sweet messages:

:cassia marie: said...

good idea :) thanks for the post.