Pages

A Reminder From A Friend

You know why God gives us friends? Because sometimes we're being too stubborn to remember what He's taught us. And for some reason we're more willing to listen to them. There is a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants where God tells us to go back and remember that He's given us answers before.


And lyrics always help as well. Here's what Kelsey reminded me of yesterday:

Getting Into You by Relient K on Grooveshark


When I made up my mind
And my heart along with that
To live not for myself
But yet for God
Somebody said
Do you know what you are getting yourself into?

When I finally ironed out
All of my priorities
And asked God to remove the doubt
That makes me so unsure of these
Things I ask myself
I ask myself
Do you know what you are getting yourself into?

I'm getting into you
Because you got to me
In a way words can't describe
I'm getting into you
Because I've got to be
You're essential to survive
I'm going to love you with my life


I've known this song for years and before my mission I'd listen to it to fall asleep on nights where I didn't think any good what coming from my decisions. I can't listen to this song right now but I can hear it in my head and it's giving me the strenght to remember how great it is to live my life for God!

2 sweet messages:

Kelsey Collier said...

Yay! I love you!! (:

Heidi said...

Yeah, music often gets through to us doesn't it. Must have gotten that from yer mommy! And BTW tours quite the pouty face. Makes me think of your little Rex C. :-D Love my bloggy little sis-miss!