Pages

The Happiest Father's Day

Today was my first Sunday in Hopkinsville, Kentucky! I have been looking forward to this day since I arrived on Tuesday so I could meet all of the members of the ward and branch that our area covers. Admid all of the excitement of settling into the new area I almost forgot that today was Father's Day! Yes I got my cards sent out, but just barely :)


Typically on holidays children in the church sing for the congregation and today was especially wonderful. As the primary from the Fort Campbell Branch made their way up to the pulpit to sing to their fathers I realized just how few of them were their to hear their precious children. This branch is a special one because it is comprised soley of families that live on post at Fort Campbell (Army).  When they sang the song "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" their faces all lit up and it dawned on me that when their daddies come home from work it isn't just at the end of the day, but sometimes not for well over a year. Their fathers are the ones fighting overseas to protect our country and our freedom.


I was thinking about the joy these children have when they are reunited with their fathers after such a long time and how joyous we will all be when we are reunited with our Father in Heaven. I believe that moment will be the most wonderful exciting moment of eternity, to know that I have followed the example of our Savior Jesus Christ and lived my life according to His teachings to be worthy to live in the presence of God again.


Come back for more good news of the gospel soon!
Sister McCall

1 sweet messages:

Sister Brittany Nestman said...

Seeing children sing in church is one of my favorite things. They are pure and innocent and they teach us so much more than you would think. I can't wait to be reunited with my Father in Heaven.