Pages

Step It Up in September!

It's time for a new challenge kids! (Why does my internet typing voice always want to address what I'm saying to little people?)  So anyway, welcome to September. The month of freshly sharpened pencils, squeaky white rubber soles on tennis shoes, and backpacks that don't smell like last's months lunch leftovers yet. Unless you live in Kentucky and school started a month ago. But in growing up in California this was always back to school time. It's really odd to me to not be enrolled in classes this fall and I've got to keep my brain actively learning so it doesn't get all rusty like this sweater that I'm wearing.
 

I'm hoping that anyone who is reading this also is on team "don't-let-your-brain-turn-into-jello" when it comes to this time of the year. Since I'm so nice and helpful (and humble) I'd like to invite you to join me in a 30 day challenge to read the Book of Mormon. Now it isn't one of those things where the point is to read the whole book. In fact I hope you DON'T read the whole thing.

Read from the Book of Mormon for at least 15 minutes every day.
Say a simple prayer before and after you read.
For 30 days.
That's it!

Ooh, plus, invite ONE friend to join in on the challenge with you.

The purpose of this challenge is to get in a healthy habit of reading the scriptures every day. Specifically the Book of Mormon because I know the power that comes from that little blue book. Another LeVar Burton moment where I say "you don't have to take my word for it". Try it out! Leave me a comment if you're participating please :)

If you want to get a bonus blessing you can begin the challenge by reading President Henry B. Eyring's testimony of the Libro de Mormon right here. And this quote from that link:

"Joseph Smith said of that precious book, 'I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.'"

That's a pretty bold and straightforward promise! And if you're stubbon like some people I know and need just one extra sign or testimony of the truth, you can read this article from the Prophet Thomas S. Monson about the promises of the Book of Mormon.

One more thing I'd like to add on. This challenge is NOT just for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Book of Mormon is for everyone! If you don't have a copy of this book go to this website and you can get one for free. Some nice missionaries like myself will bring you a copy of your own.

Download your reading calender HERE for free! (save file and print!)



2 sweet messages:

:cassia marie: said...

joey and i are reading it for sunday school already, but this is great, i'll keep it for later, in the mean time yes let's read with prayer!

Kristin said...

I'm late to this party but I'll read the rest of the month with you!!!!!!!!! And hopefully catch up on the parts that I missed! I miss you and hope you get my letter soon!
See you in 3 months TODAY!
Love, Kristin