Pages

I Got It From My Mama

A goal for the rest of my life: take more pictures with my mommy.


In a furious hunt for a mug shot of the both of us to slap up for today's national holiday there wasn't much to pick from! I scrolled through pages and pages of facebook pics and vivid memories of college came flooding back. But where were the pictures of my family? It is true that I have lived away from home for a long long time in a galaxy far away (Idaho and Kentucky count as different galaxies right?) but that is no reason to neglect the people who mean the most to me for forever. My mother is the best I could have ever asked for. She is an example to me of Christlike living. The woman never stops serving! Sure we have had our share of screaming crying "you just don't understand" fights and all, but those are far outweighed by crazy memories, late nights eating too much sugar, and special spiritual moments. A mommy's job is to prepare her children for the eternities. Want to read the job description? It's right HERE


Not all moms are the kind that carry us around in their womb for 9 months. I was blessed to have two women in my life to celebrate. And apparently I'm equally bad at taking pictures with both of them! My dad married his wife when I was 9, she was 21. Granted we didn't live together but her influence in my life is everlasting. She is so hardworking, determined, ambitious, and I love to see how amazing she is with the 2 beautiful babies that they are raising now.

I think it's easy on Mother's day for those of us who don't have children of our own yet to be discouraged. I know that there is no greater calling in life than the responsibility of raising precious children. But you and I, my fellow members in the "waiting-for-the-day-the-babies-come club", we still have the same calling. We can be good role models for teenage girls we know. We can play with our friends babies (and give them back when they cry). We can love widows and widowers in our community who's children are far away. We can be a sister to someone who is lonely. The call of motherhood is not given to us when our uterus pushes out a human. We are women. And we uplift others!

1 sweet messages:

Heidi said...

...real tears...I'm so happy you are blogging again you are an excellent word artist!
Your RN mommy giggled....are missionaries really allowed to use the word uterus? Loloolololololol
Someday.......but today I'm not ready to be a gramma ;-)
Thank you for the m-day phone call. I love you.